Real estate ads in the area of the City of Jos, Sibiu - from 9 May- Faurului- Tg Vinului, Haas, towards Cibin.
Faurului Street, Tower Street, 9 May Street and Ocnei Street. They are, at the same time, the main axes of the Lower City, as important for the dynamics of the city as now, as well as for their historical heritage. It is practically the oldest part of the city, which deserves every detail. The Tower Street, for example, was one of the most important areas of the city in the Middle Ages; even though the facades of the houses have changed over time, in the 19th century, the pigs remained the same. Faurului Street, with which it intersects, has a rich past.
It took its name from the drilling workshops that were here; In the 14th century, there was even a public bathroom in the area. Strada Faurului was the first to enter reconstruction, as part of a project to renovate the Lower City. The works started in the summer of 2012, and at the beginning of December they were completed. Everything has been replaced: the networks are new, buried, the sidewalks look much better, and the parking is in a clearly delimited area.
At the intersection of the streets of Faur and Tower, there was, at times, a debates market, in which there was mainly wine trade. In 2013, this intersection was closed to traffic, to be put back into operation and rehabilitated. Each progress made in the Lower City was all the more valuable as the area represents an invaluable part of Sibiu, with a rich history and as precious as the Center. One of the most beautiful arteries in the City of Jos is Ocnei Street. In the past, it linked the Ocne Gate and the Little Market, functioning as an important artery since the Middle Ages.
At the intersection between it and 9th Street - after some historians, the oldest street in Sibiu - is the Dragoner Square, named after the Dragonerwache, which ran here between 1687–1710. Straja Dragilor also gave the title of the memoir signed by IonNegoițescu, one of the important members of the Literary Circle in Sibiu. Dragoner Square is considered the oldest market in the city. It seems that it was already operating until the end of the 12th century, opened at a strategic point, where two ancient trade routes intersected. Around the middle of the eighteenth century, a pipe hole was dug here, next to two other heritage buildings, both demolished in 1981. The Lyceum Bookstore, which was demolished in the late 1970s, has also been operating here for a long time. .